On January 22nd/23rd we:
- learned how to solve logarithmic equations (focusing on no-log and single-log equations) (here is the lesson)
- were assigned section 7.7
- were given a practice quiz for L.O. 14 and 15 (the answers are here)
Your unit test is tentatively scheduled for February 4th/7th and will cover the following learning outcomes:
- L.O. 12: Demonstrate an understanding of the definition of logarithms. (No calculator)
- L.O. 13: Graph and analyze exponential and logarithmic functions. (No calculator)
- L.O. 14: Demonstrate an understanding of the product, quotient, and power laws of logarithms. (No calculator)
- L.O. 15: Solve problems that involve exponential and logarithmic equations.
- L.O. 16: Solve problems that involve exponential and logarithmic equations.
- L.O. 17: Solve problems involving natural logarithms.
You will have a two-part midterm exam on February 18th – 21st that covers the material we have learned so far this year. More details will be announced in the coming weeks, but here is some extra review material.